I have a new fabulous find! I love Borax. Yes, Borax. It comes in a powder, all boxed up much like powdered milk. Except, I REALLY don't advise you drink it the same way!!! (It's not toxic however...) It softens the hard water in my laundry and dishwasher, cleans soap scum for a shine you will have to see to believe, and TODAY... I used it to lift the coffee spill kindly provided by my dear doggie, Esther. Per the directions, I blotted the spill out of my carpet as much as I could, then sprinkled the borax over the spill. Any moisture remaining was brought right up and soaked up by the borax! Brilliant! It even found a few drops I had missed in my blotting. Now all I have to do is wait for the damp powder to dry and vacuum with my beloved Kirby Sentria. I'll let you know if there is any color residue.
By the way... the water here? HARD!!! Full of minerals, iron, calcium, manganese, and arsenic (in some areas). I have a Brita water filter on our faucet, but it still doesn't catch the high calcium content completely. I get little droplet marks on top of my coffee maker after I pour in my filtered water. Sigh.... oh well. This is only temporary, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment