Pages

August 15, 2009

Puppy Potty Training

After catching up on some of my favorite blogs, I felt compelled to update mine. I really do have other things I ought to be doing. I already procrastinated by sleeping in and catching a movie with a friend... but what's just a little more time, huh?

It's more so that the thought of going to mop my dining room floor has me running for the toilet. Lets just say that potty training the new pup is still not going so hot. I went to a birthday party last night, and decided to leave the dogs free to roam the hard-surface flooring areas of the house while I was gone. They'd already been locked up all day while I was at work, and it just didn't seem fair to subject them to another several hours followed by their night-time crating. So, out they stayed, carefully gated in from the living room, so that all messes made would be easy to clean up.

Now, that "easy clean" is more of a "queasy clean". Either the baby is doing somersaults or my stomach is about to heave. While I have dried up all the little pee spots, and cleared away all the doo-d00, the unpleasant smells still remain, intensified by my "pregnancy nose". It does NOT help that it has been raining quite a bit lately, and both the dogs and I have tracked in plenty of wet dirt. So, dirt and dog hair have mixed in with the dried pee, and are smelling up my dining room, waiting for me to go get out the swiffer and the mop. I desperately want it to be done so that I may live in olfactory peace, but it seems that I only successfully make 4 or 5 sweeps with the swiffer before I am gagging and running as far away as possible. Watching the dog hair pile up in front of my swiffer, slowly getting wetter and wetter from the rain, cleaning solution, and old pee is not something I handle well at the moment.

So, the outrageously disgusting mess seems to just sit there today. Both torturing me from a distance, yet impossible to go take care of. WHY oh WHY did I think I could handle pregnancy AND a puppy!? My only hope is that tomorrow it won't be quite so offensive and that I will be able to tackle it then. It's terrible to be completely grossed out by one's floors and have NO ability to clean them!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

No fun! Wish I were closer so I could give you a hand.

Teresa Kline said...

I hope your puppy training is doing better, happy for you on your baby, a big congratulations to you, may you have many years of love and laughter....have a wonderful week!

enjoy *~*