Today the hubster and I are on day 10 of a 15 day "reboot". About 2 months ago I watched the movie, "Fat Sick & Nearly Dead". I had seen a handful of friends post about it, and a few others actually begin to make their own juices. After watching the movie, I was determined to try juicing myself. I've kept more baby weight than I would like, and I love the idea of hitting a reset button so to speak for my body; cleaning things up so I can function better.
I found a Breville juicer on craigslist for HALF of its retail value, and used some birthday money to buy it. After a few weeks of trying to get hubby's schedule to line up with mine, we finally found a 15 day window to try our reboot. In the mean time, I tried a few of the bottled juices by Naked from the store. They were good, so that gave me a bit more confidence going in to this.
We're following the plan outlined by Kelly at No Sugar Sweet Life. She's a Christian momma from Colorado with a toddler! Couldn't be more of a better fit for me. She had great tips on juicing on a budget, being busy, and having to feed your little person, too. You can find her posts about the reboot HERE under "How do you get started?".
Some of you have asked what juices we've tried, so here's the list. All of these recipes are from No Sugar Sweet Life's blog, so hit her up and show her some love!
We've also tried two tomato based juices from my juicer manual that were pretty good!
We don't have a scale, so neither of us knows how much we've lost weight-wise, but we can definitely tell that we've each lost a little. My jeans are looser for one thing, and I can feel my sit bones in the chair again. Also, we both have more energy, and moving actually feels good! The hubby has lost about an 1 1/2" off his waist.
If we were not heading to Colorado for the Thanskgiving holiday, I would be tempted to extend this juice-only phase a little longer. Although I am not going to lie, I am SO ready to crunch on something! (We treated ourselves to hummus w/ carrot sticks, celery, and snap peas during the football game and it was SO SO SO good to EAT.)
I also noticed (while checking the kid's dinner for temperature for example), that other foods have more flavor now. EVERYTHING is saltier, milk is richer, and over all fruit is sweeter. I'm anxious to see how things taste once we're actually done with the 15 days.
I definitely plan to keep juicing regularly, at least a couple of times per week. I also want to overhaul our regular diet to include more vegetables and smaller portions (and kale... I'm starting to really like it! Who knew?). I've always been a pretty healthy eater, but I'm excited to make more changes. I've been so pleased with the benefits from the past few days (the increase in energy and weight loss) that I'd be silly not to keep it up! I just feels GOOD!
Let me know if you have other questions. I hope you'll watch the movie, it's streaming on Netflix, and try making some juices yourself! You can find more information and TONS of other recipes at: www.jointhereboot.com
We're following the plan outlined by Kelly at No Sugar Sweet Life. She's a Christian momma from Colorado with a toddler! Couldn't be more of a better fit for me. She had great tips on juicing on a budget, being busy, and having to feed your little person, too. You can find her posts about the reboot HERE under "How do you get started?".
Some of you have asked what juices we've tried, so here's the list. All of these recipes are from No Sugar Sweet Life's blog, so hit her up and show her some love!
- Carbeeple
- Cucumber Melon
- Homemade V8 (we thought this one was pretty gross... it would more than likely be ok if you didn't add the onion)
- Mean Green (my hubby's favorite and my #2)
- Pink Kale Juice
- Sunset Juice
- Green Energy (recipe on reboot list, phase 2, my FAVORITE!)
- Sweet N Tart Citrus (good but TOO tart for me... also on reboot part 2)
We've also tried two tomato based juices from my juicer manual that were pretty good!
We don't have a scale, so neither of us knows how much we've lost weight-wise, but we can definitely tell that we've each lost a little. My jeans are looser for one thing, and I can feel my sit bones in the chair again. Also, we both have more energy, and moving actually feels good! The hubby has lost about an 1 1/2" off his waist.
If we were not heading to Colorado for the Thanskgiving holiday, I would be tempted to extend this juice-only phase a little longer. Although I am not going to lie, I am SO ready to crunch on something! (We treated ourselves to hummus w/ carrot sticks, celery, and snap peas during the football game and it was SO SO SO good to EAT.)
I also noticed (while checking the kid's dinner for temperature for example), that other foods have more flavor now. EVERYTHING is saltier, milk is richer, and over all fruit is sweeter. I'm anxious to see how things taste once we're actually done with the 15 days.
I definitely plan to keep juicing regularly, at least a couple of times per week. I also want to overhaul our regular diet to include more vegetables and smaller portions (and kale... I'm starting to really like it! Who knew?). I've always been a pretty healthy eater, but I'm excited to make more changes. I've been so pleased with the benefits from the past few days (the increase in energy and weight loss) that I'd be silly not to keep it up! I just feels GOOD!
Let me know if you have other questions. I hope you'll watch the movie, it's streaming on Netflix, and try making some juices yourself! You can find more information and TONS of other recipes at: www.jointhereboot.com
1 comment:
Autumn - I'm so glad you shared this post with me and that your Reboot has been going so well!! I LOVE the part you shared about how food just tastes so much more flavorful now. That is so true!! And that's why things don't have to be as sweet to taste sweet :) You go girl!!
Post a Comment