Pages

January 28, 2009

My friend and 9 Things

So my beautiful friend Mandy has been blogging her 9 Things. 9 things she loves about her man, being a mommy, living in the desert, etc. Today of all days, when I am feeling very low and ultra challenged by this whole do-it-yourself-deployment, I am inspired to see if I can take the high road and find 9 things that I like (Love is a strong word for me) about living here.

1. The way the whole world, even the road as I'm driving, sparkles like diamonds when there is fresh snow
2. The Aurora Borealis was the single most stunning thing I've ever seen
3. The fall leaves are beautiful
4. I get to paint the inside of my house any color I please
5. I have a wonderful friend who makes me feel very needed and appreciated
6. Your ice cream never melts on the way home. Then again your milk does freeze on the way home... but I'm trying to think positive!
7. The rolling green hills are pretty in the summer
8. I can be anywhere in town in less than 20 minutes
9. There is a Thai place in town that makes Penang Curry to DIE for!

And 20 minutes later I have a list!

3 comments:

Blu Grey said...

I'm so glad you were able to find even 9 things that you enjoy. Sometimes it is just so stinkin hard to try to remain positive. Here's a happy thought... even though you are so far away you still have people all over the place who love you and miss you and are an e-mail/phone call away.
(((((hugs)))) and [-]) <-coffee

Autumn said...

I love that your comments come with COFFEE! :-)

T'Ilia said...

Remember milk souring on the way home from the Irwin commissary? Doesn't that make frozen milk a bit more appealing?