So I hit the snooze button two too many times this morning and found myself behind as usual. So much for the 6:30am wake-ups I was accomplishing right after getting home from my trip!
I headed downstairs, started my coffee, and hit the shower. When I got out, the time on the clock hit me like a ton of bricks. 8:18 already!? How!? So, it will be jeans and wet hair pulled up today.
I finish my make-up, throw on my shoes, and run out to start the car. She grumbles to life in the frigid air, and I think to myself that I feel a bit grumbly, too. I run back inside. "Ok, think Autumn! Let out the dog, pour my coffee, put the dog in the crate today because he's coming to start on the bathroom later... the bathroom! Crap!"
I run upstairs and grab sheets to cover the washer/dryer so they don't get covered with sheet rock dust. Ok, back on track. Where was I? Oh yeah... still need that coffee. I pour the coffee, zip up my coat, put on my gloves, and lock the door behind me.
The ice is still too thick on the car to go ANYWHERE, so I spend the next five minutes scraping ice off my windows. I plop into the driver’s seat with frozen ears, nose, and fingers. Hmm… something in the car is still making that burning/hot smell. Mental note to get that checked. Great… another car issue. I make it around the first three corners without sliding, hooray! It’s gonna be a decent day on the roads. And look…. The sunlight. (insert angelic choir sounds here) There on the horizon is a soft pink and yellow glow. Happiness.
Everything goes smoothly until I get to work until I realize that in my haste I forgot my purse at home. Crap again. And so began another Fairbanks morning. At least I remembered my good coffee!
No comments:
Post a Comment