Pages

February 16, 2010

Fabulous Finds

I've stumbled onto some more AMAZING crafty blogs lately, and I thought I'd share them with you! Yesterday, I was browsing and stumbled onto a link for a blog called Craft Gossip. While perusing their amazing list of posts I found THIS. It's a video tutorial for making paper and felt flowers. I LOVE her little anecdotes that pop up on the screen throughout the tutorial. SO funny! "We are talking so cute... your scissors will smile!" And the flowers are darling! I can think of oh-so-many things that could use a little floral embellishment.

Today I found THIS great post about re-fashioning some of your baby/toddler clothes to get longer use out them. Check this out:
FANTASTIC! And that's only ONE of her great ideas... It makes me super excited about having a baby girl to sew for. I have heard NUMEROUS complaints about little clothes being the right length, but too wide. Or too short, but finally fit perfect around their little waist. Well ladies... here is your solution!

These fantastic finds have vamped up my waning enthusiasm for finishing all my nursery/baby projects. So last night I finished these:
6 more little birdies that will be made into a mobile to go above A's crib. I'm excited to have them finished so that I can figure out exactly how I am going to use my wood and ribbon to hang them.

Now I should take myself upstairs for a shower and freshening up so that I can get to my sewing to-do's!

No comments: