Pages

August 9, 2010

She's BAAA-AAACK!

It's been a long time since I've posted.  Saying I've been busy would be both inaccurate and an understatement.  Inaccurate, because some days I don't feel like I've done ANYTHING of significant value (and yes, I do realize just being a Mommy is totally significant... but there are days... you know you have them), and an understatement because other days feel so crazy and nutty I'm surprised I've survived.

I feel a tad bit chagrined when I look at my last post.  I was so enthusiastic about sewing my first dress and a matching one for Mia.  I washed, dried, and folded the fabric.  End of story.  Now, it's getting so close to fall which is QUICKLY followed by winter here in Alaska, and I'm debating whether or not to even tackle the dress until next spring when Amelia can actually get a few uses out of her version.  Maybe I could make a long sleeved version.  I'm also beginning to think my fabric would make AMAZINGLY cute pajama shorts... hmm....  or a nightie... hmmm again.

I have made a couple of things here and there.  I whipped this changing pad cover and wipes case up for a dear friend.

I made a soft, taggie ball for Miss Amelia, which resulted in two more being made for sweet friends.

And I have started a pile of 30 cloth wipes which is still waiting to be finished.  I have a hooded towel in the works for one of Brian's co-workers who is a proud new Daddy, and I have terry cloth to make a second changing pad cover for Amelia since ours is ALWAYS in the wash, and vinyl is just not so nice on tiny bottoms.

I also have a large number of starred and bookmarked blog tutorials from other amazing mommas that I would also love to "whip up".  So as you can see I'm rather enthusiastic about what I'd LIKE to do, I just have trouble getting myself into the craft room for any serious length of time. 

However, today I received some AWESOME motivation in the mail today.  Look at this gorgeous fabric! 

 
Brian's aunt sent this to me to make some fall clothes for Amelia.  The two on the left are corduroy, and the one on the right is a cotton.  I'm taking any and all links to cute baby clothing patterns!!!  I'm thinking at least one long sleeved dress, maybe a peasant top, and maybe a romper with long "pants".  Any ideas girls?

1 comment:

Cat said...

CUTE fabrics! I can't wait to see what you come up with! I've wondered where you've been and I've missed you! :) It's fun to see my changing pad cover on your furniture-different! I never thought I'd pick white baby furniture...but I did! And I know what you mean about feeling like you haven't done much of significance. Yep, kept the kid alive! :) Course, if I quit spending all of Elijah's naptime on the internet, I bet that would help...I need to go do some baking! Love you!