Pages

June 24, 2011

My love/hate relationship with Blogland

I am a mom.  I am a crafty mom.  I love color.  I love the little things.  I love seeing God in the little things.  I love how BIG God is, too. 

And I love reading blogs... LOTS of blogs.  Blogs about other crafty mommas who love their babies, love their crafts, love color, and most of all love God.  But it can be overwhelming, too.  Blogland presents us with unlimited opportunities to create, design, do, share, grow, cook, teach, try etc.  And sometimes it seems that all those other crafty mommas have it more together than you.  Or that you have nothing to offer because look what everyone else has already contributed! 

This happens to me fairly often.  I know in my heart I have a lot to say and a lot to create.  But would anyone really care?  The Enemy of my very soul likes to take what could be inspiration and encouragement and turn it into a "you're not measuring up" guilt-fest or a "no one really cares what YOU have to say" pity party.  Ugh.  This has been a particularly favorite lie of the Enemy throughout my life and I'm getting rather tired of agreeing with it.

Because it's simply not true!  These days in the midst of fighting to do what is IMPORTANT and not sweat the rest (aka laundry, baby toys, and dirty toilets), I am also determined to do the little things that make me happy whether or not it means anything to anyone else.  God has granted me certain talents and they were meant to be enjoyed!  If anyone (besides my loving hubby or amazing kiddos) benefits from my pursuit of developing and sharing these gifts, so much the better! 

I've wanted to begin blogging again for some time now.  I want to move beyond the days of Myspace journals and Facebook notes and simply put my heart out there.  I want to share my thoughts on motherhood, being a wife, and being a daughter of the King.  I want to share found inspiration and pretty things.  I want to share the things I've made and maybe someday write tutorials.

So here it is.  I'm jumping in.  Sporadically- as that is the only way it will fit into my schedule.  But jumping in none the less.  :-) I do know that I have fantastic friends as well, and I hope that some of them will find this little blogging adventure to be an additional peek into my heart.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Couldn't agree more! I'm excited!!!

Cat said...

I've missed you and am excited to see you. Life is SO crazy and you are a champion for every hour you make it-whether or not you ever complete a post! I love you and am excited to read what you write and see what you craft! XOXO