Pages

June 6, 2011

Not Quite Supermom


Being a young mother of two under two is a major adventure.  In fact, I think just being a mother is an “adventure” most days!  Sometimes you need to know that you’re not alone.  That you’re not the only one who sometimes…
  •  Feels like finishing the laundry is like finishing a tri-athalon
  •  Leaves things half-done all over the house because you get distracted doing something else “more urgent”
  •  Has stopped being grossed out by “regular” poopy diapers because you’ve changed so many you no longer care.  The REALLY nasty ones still get you though…. Like, the “up the back and out the sides”
  • Is constantly torn between taking a nap and getting something done
  • Is constantly torn between the million things you need to do and the million things you want to do, (And yes, there are a million of both), and the fact that you really just want to do nothing at all
  • Is so tired she tries to butter her toast with the scrambled eggs.  Yes.  I really did that.  This morning.
  • Is jealous of other moms who seem to have it “more together” (they don’t), or actually get to sleep (they didn’t always)
  •  Must apologize for random outbursts of tears that are about nothing and everything all at the same time
Can I get an “amen” girls?!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I resonate with all of these! Especially the one about having things you want to do, have to do and not wanting to do anything!!!! I UNDERSTAND!!!

And I only have 1 baby (so far)!