Pages

January 12, 2010

Creative Bliss

It is -40 outside this morning. Ouch! The truck was gone this morning when I walked the dogs, which means Brian still hasn't gotten the car going. Great... The ice fog is hanging pretty thick, and visibility isn't great. Thankfully the dogs seem content to stay curled up in their own crates, snuggled in blankets. The fewer trips I have to make outside today the better!

I am snuggled in front of my computer with a delicious cup of half-caff coffee and my shearling slippers. I like to spend the first hour of my non-working, no-baby-yet day sipping coffee and drinking inspiration from my favorite blogs and websites. My mother recently introduced me to Attic24. I keep going back to drool over her crochet! My favorite is her Ripple Afghan, which she shares her pattern for HERE. I've become obsessed. I go to bed with that pattern wafting in front of me, begging me to go pick out some yarn so I can get started! The most humorous part is that I finally have my fabric in hand to start sewing up Amelia's nursery items. I have enough material to spend plenty of full days at my sewing machine, happily humming away. BUT, I can't get that afghan out of my head! I've started telling myself that I could still work on baby projects during the day, and then have the afghan to work on at night while hubby and I watch TV. Hmm.... Maybe I WILL go check out the yarn sale at Northern Threads. Once I have a running vehicle that is.

I should add that hubby doesn't care for the blanket. AT ALL. He says the colors don't "go". WHATEVER!!! It is gorgeous yumminess. Besides, he's not exactly the resident color expert. ;-) I'll just make it for me, and he can use some other blanket for couch-potato-ing.

I did get started on my baby projects. My quilt is pieced, but waiting for the border before I stack and quilt it. I washed, dried, and pressed my stack of beautiful fabrics, and yesterday began cutting them into the various pieces needed for the corresponding projects. I got as far as half-way done with my first fitted crib sheet, when a need for lunch, followed by a stronger need for a nap took over. My "nap" took up the remainder of the afternoon and early evening, so the crib sheet is still waiting for a hem and some elastic. I got a decent nights sleep last night, so aside from fighting my crochet urges, I am ready to go at it again!

I am just loving the lazy, guilt-free days that not working has afforded me. God bless my husband for making this possible, and for all the inner rejuvenation that creativity has given me!!! And yes, I know... this will only last another 10ish weeks.

No comments: