Well, I am bummed.
My amazing PFAFF machine is having an issue. It seems to be pulling the fabric WAY to the right, which is messing with my thread tension as I attempt to compensate by working way too hard to guide it straight. I looked up the issue in my little manual, which recommended cleaning the feed dogs. I did so, and cleaned in and around the bobbin holder, too. Still pulling to the right. So I guess I'll have to go in for an "alignment" tomorrow. Boo...
My second bummer is that I forgot to calculate for the folds of a pleat on my dust ruffle, which resulted in the whole thing being 4" too short. So now I have to change my design to still use the pieces I have cut. It's not a big deal, just frustrating. I'm sure it will still look fine. I'm just grateful that it wasn't a complete miscalculation which would have resulted in wasted fabric and time.
Other than that, things are rolling along. Little One is wriggling a lot today! Not so much kicks, although we had a few good ones around lunch-time, just a lot of wiggling! It's so cute. I keep trying to figure out which way she is laying, but I feel kicks and punches all over the place, so I'm still clueless. We also had hiccups. This is about the fourth time I've felt them and knew for sure that's what they were. Unlike the wiggling, the hiccups are not cute. They are so close together and cause her to keep "tapping" my belly in the same spot. I find this irritating after the first 30 seconds or so. Especially if I am trying to fall asleep at night! But, they say hiccups are a sign of a healthy, happy baby, so I don't complain. Out loud that is... :-)
My due date seems to be approaching quickly, (8 weeks, 6 days to go!) so I am gobbling up info on labor, delivery, breast feeding, and those first few weeks. I am trying to wrap my brain around the reality that pregnancy really does end with a physical baby in your arms. I've gotten very comfortable with the idea, and most symptoms, of being pregnant. But the fact that it's almost over, that there is a real baby in there, and that she's really almost HERE still eludes my comprehensive abilities.
Well, since I can't sew, perhaps I'll go cook. Burritos are on the menu tonight! YUM!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment