So my projects for Amelia's room are coming along slowly but surely. Last week I made a big run to Joann's for the rest of my supplies, but still managed to forget a denim strength needle for my sewing machine, batting for the bumper pads, and a stencil for the quilt border. Also, they were out of E's and L's in the cardboard letters I'm using to do her name, so I have to go back later for those, too. Despite, these minor set backs, I have made some good progress in the past few days.
This....

Became this...

with "ELIA" still to go. This has been a great project to work on while watching TV at night.
I finished all 4 crib sheets.

I half finished the first changing pad cover, but I am waiting to sew the hem and elastic until I actually have the changing pad here to make sure it fits properly.

And, I started cutting strips for the bumper pad and dust ruffle. I realized that the pattern repeat of my fabric is wider than the strips I need, so I am having to cut the width of the repeat and then trim to get the width I need. It's all about the uniformity!!! Figures that I picked a fabric that would require extra steps. :-P

So all in all we're coming along! Pinning hems for the crib sheets was pretty tedious, so I'm glad to be moving on to other projects. It's nice to have several different things to work on so that I don't get bored w/ one task or another. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment